• FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...                               Printer Friendly Version

    When is a Special Events permit required?
    A Special Events permit is needed when an event is taking place on public property and/ or in a private commercial property where conditional use approval is required. The City requires 60 days notice for an event on public property and 30 days notice for private property.

    How much do permits cost?
    The standard application fee is $250.00; permit fee is $250.00; there is also a security deposit of $2500.00 (the deposit applies for both for public or private property events). There are other fees associated with a Special Events permit and they depend on the event site/ venue. Some of the fees include: vehicle beach access passes $150.00 per pass, square footage of .25 cents per sq. ft., concession agreements of 15% for beach events and 10% for non-beach events, a 25% Lummus Park and Lincoln Road user fees, in addition to City Services fees such as Police, Fire, Parking, Sanitation, Building and Public Works among others. Every event is different in nature and scope so not all fees will apply. The Office of Film & Event Production Management will guide you and advise on what fees will apply to your event. You can find a copy of the Special Events fee schedule under Form Central on the main Special Events website www.eventsmiamibeach.com

    How quickly can I get a permit?
    The Special Events permit process is a review and approval process. Once you apply, the Office of Film & Event Production Management will send you a list of checklist requirements which is a guide on what documents to submit and which approval to obtain. Our office issues the Special Events permit once all approvals have been given and all event coordination has been finalized.

    Can I violate the noise ordinance with a special events permit?
    A Special Events permit does not grant the applicant/ producer the ability to violate the Noise Ordinance. Both the Miami-Dade County Noise Ordinance, Section 21-28, and City of Miami Beach Noise Ordinance, Article IV, Sections 46-151 to 46-162, are applicable and enforceable to both public and private property within the City limits of Miami Beach. The Noise Ordinance is effect 24 hours a day. Should excessive noise occur between the hours of 11:00PM and 7:00AM in such manner to be plainly audible at a distance of 100 ft from a building, structure or vehicle in which it is located a Code officer will then assess the complaint and make a decision on whether or not the Noise Ordinance has been violated. Failure to comply with the Noise Ordinance may result in a possible citation and/ or immediate revocation of the Special Event Permit.

    Do I need Event Insurance inclusive of Liquor Liability and Workers Compensation Insurance?
    The City of Miami Beach requires that you provide Commercial General Liability limits $1,000,000.  The City of Miami Beach must be listed as a CERTIFICATE HOLDER. Certificate must show the City of Miami Beach’s address: City of Miami Beach 1700 Convention Center Drive Miami Beach, FL 33139. The City of Miami Beach must be named as an ADDITIONAL INSURED and exact verbiage must be included under the section of Description of Operations/Locations/Vehicles/Special Items: The City of Miami Beach is included as an additional insured with respects to event name, dates including event load-in and load-out, location, and type of activity.
    Proof of Worker's Compensation is required: if you employ more than three employees you are required to carry Proof of Worker's Compensation by law. If you do not carry workers compensation because you do not employ more then three employees; you may chose to do either of two things, 1) check off the Proof of Worker's Compensation box in the Indemnity Agreement or 2) provide us with a letter stating that you are not required to carry Workers Compensation insurance per your state regulations.
    Liquor Liability: (if applicable) limits $1,000,000 (if alcohol is sold or served). If liquor liability is being provided by someone other than the applicant, please provide proof. The certificate of insurance must name the City of Miami Beach as an additional insured as well as a certificate holder with the City’s address stated on it.

    How do I reserve an off-duty officer?
    If you are holding an event on public property you will most likely need to hire Off-duty Police. Please call the Off-duty Police office at -305-673-7823. You are required to pre-pay for officers.

    How can I go about renting meter spaces?
    If you need to rent meters for event production, please contact the Parking Department’s rental office at 305-673-7505 x6729. They will need the meter numbers, payment and approval from the Special Events office in order to reserve the meters for you.  Please be advised the Parking Department will not reserve meter spaces for personal vehicles.

    What is the best way to reach the Special Events Office?
    There are various ways on how to reach our office. We encourage people to use email. An email provides us the information we need; it is fast, easy and track-able. Please visit the About Us section on the main Special Events website www.eventsmiamibeach.com.  


left corner image of google translate on bottom of page
facebook twitter youtube flickr scribd (document-sharing website) Subscribe to emails
right corner image of google translate on bottom of page