State of Florida Incentives:
Florida Entertainment Sales Tax Exemption
Any qualified production company producing motion pictures,
made for television motion pictures, television series, commercial advertising,
music videos or sound recordings in Florida, may be eligible for a sales and
use tax exemption on certain production related purchases in Florida.
• One (1) free Vehicle Beach Access Pass with each permitted day only
after an off-duty officer has been reserved.
• During the months of June through September, vehicle beach access passes
(above and beyond the one free each day) shall be reduced by 50% to $75.00 (per
• Miami Beach Hotel Room Night Incentive: Productions which demonstrate no
Beach hotel room nights receive 5 Vehicle Beach Access Passes for free.
Miami Beach hotel room nights receive 10 free passes
Miami Beach hotel room nights receive 20 free passes
Any additional passes are
$75 each. Any production or picture vehicle that enters the beach must
have a pass a police escort. Cost for off-duty police is not
waived. To receive this incentive productions must make a formal request
on their company's letterhead and submit a room manifest (names can be
redacted) as proof of purchase.
• Free base camp
parking in the P-lot across from the Miami Beach Convention Center when the lot
is not manned for show days, load-in or load-out.
• Reduced cost P-lot parking when available during manned days.
• Reduced cost parking at limited City lots and garages (call for
• Waiver of all administrative fees related to the hiring of police
off-duty officers for permitted Film and Print productions.
• Waiver of all generator, tent and building permits for production
purpose use only per South Florida Building Code.