FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where are you located and what are your business hours?
The Customer Service Center (Parking Permits) is located on the first floor of 1755 Meridian Avenue, working hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, excluding weekends and Holidays.
2. How can I purchase a business parking permit?
The cost of the permit is: $70.00 plus 7% sales tax for a total of $74.90 per month, and you can pay for your permit up to three (3) months in advance.
3. What is the status of our City Municipal garages and lots?
Due to the various construction projects, there are currently limited availability on our City of Miami Beach Municipal garages and lots. Subsequently, there is a limited number of permits available per parking lots and/or garages. We can place your name on our waiting list, but only on those garage(s) and/or lot(s) that have a waiting period of one year or less.
4. What are the required documents to purchase a residential parking permit?
1. Valid photo ID, driver’s license issued by local, state or federal agency.
2. Valid vehicle registration (not required for visitor's permit) belonging to the person requesting the residential permit. If the registration is under a different name, the resident must provide proof of insurance.
3. One (1) of the following monthly bill(s) and/ or statements with the resident’s name and address within the last 30 days of issuance.
- Utility bill (FPL, phone, gas, cable)
- Cell phone bill
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Vehicle insurance bill
- Mortgage statement
- Property tax statement (last once received at the end of year)
- Lease agreements (minimal six (6) months and executed within the last 30 days) are only accepted for first time residents. Consequently, a temporary permit will be issued until the Required Documents are provided.
Internet/Electronic bills are not acceptable proof of domicile
5. What are your payment options?
The Parking Department accepts cash, checks, and credit cards: Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
6. What are the residential replacement requirements if my permit is still valid?
Parking decal replacements will be issued under the following circumstances:
1) Stolen Vehicle - police report; 2) broken windshield - repair shop invoice; 3) total loss of vehicle due to an accident - insurance letter; 4) vehicle sold - bill of sales or traded vehicle; 5) change vehicle and transfer your license plate - transferred documentation from dealership. Old decal must be return (in pieces if necessary), government issued photo identification, and written documents for the applicable situation. There is a replacement fee of $7.50.
7. Where can I store my car?
The City of Miami Beach (according to the Miami-Dade County Ordinance) does not allow vehicle storage on public property.
8. How do I qualify for a Hybrid Permit?
Click here for more information regarding Hybrid vehicles.
9. Where may I obtain my City Wide Permit?
Citywide permits are issued to current City Board and Committee members at 1755 Meridian Avenue, Second Floor, Miami Beach, Fl 33139. A current letter of board appointment is required to obtain the citywide permit.
Please call Claudia Wong at (305) 673-7505 extension 6049.
10. What is the process to contest a citation?
The Parking Department reviews only two types of parking citations within 10 days of issuance.
- Overtime Parking
- Restricted Parking
If you feel that you were cited in error, and it is one of the types of citations the City of Miami Beach Parking Administration will review your request and notify you by mail within 10 business days.
To dispute parking citations, please come to our office located at 1755 Meridian Avenue, 2nd floor and request a Parking Citation Dismissal form a/k/a Request for Administrative Dismissal (RAD). For additional information on how to submit a (RAD), please contact us at 305.673.7505 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding weekends and holidays.
All citations issued by a Police Officer must be appealed through the Miami-Dade County Clerk of Courts. Additional information is provided on the reverse side of the citation.
The City of Miami Beach Parking Department does not accept citation payments, please refer to the reverse side of your citation where it states all the Miami-Dade Court offices and the process on how to contest the citation. The nearest Miami Beach-Miami County Courthouse is located at 1130 Washington Avenue. You can also pay by phone by calling 305.275.1133, have your citation and credit card number handy.
11. What is the contact information for the Parking Violations Bureau?
There are several county locations listed on the back of each citation. The Miami Beach office is located at: 1130 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor. You can pay with a credit card by calling 305.275.1133, or online at Pay Parking Citations; you will need your citation number to make payment.
If you have any questions or concerns with parking citations, please contact:
Parking Violations Bureau
Miami-Dade County, Florida.
12. How can I report a broken meter?
To report a broken meter, contact us at 305.673.7505 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or our 24/7 Parking Enforcement Division at 305.673.9453 and provide the meter number.
13. How can I report an illegally parked vehicle?
You can contact the Parking Department dispatch (open 24 hours) at 305.673.9453 and provide the following information:
1. Make, model, tag, and color of the vehicle
2. Exact location where vehicle is parked
3. Why the vehicle is considered illegally parked (e.g.: blocked driveway, abandoned, fire hydrant, yellow curb, restricted parking etc.)
14. My vehicle was towed?
If your vehicle was towed from public property, a parking citation was issued and placed on your windshield. The City of Miami Beach contracts two (2) towing service providers:
1747 Bay Road
Miami Beach, Fl 33139
1349 Dade Blvd.
Miami Beach, Fl 33139
You must present a valid picture identification and vehicle registration. Both companies accept cash, traveler’s checks and personal checks. There are ATM machines at both locations.
We highly recommend that you retrieve your vehicle with 24 hours to avoid storage fees.
15. Where do I obtain a vehicle registration, handicap and/or baby parking permit?
Any auto tag agency will renew the aforementioned. The Miami Beach location is: 800 - 71 Street, Miami Beach; phone number: 305.868.3277.
16. How do I rent meters?
Space rentals are available for Construction Projects, Film & Photo Productions, Special Events, and Valet purposes. A city of Miami Beach permit is required. Space rentals must be requested three (3) business days in advance, non-metered/residential areas will require five (5) business days notice; an application may be downloaded from our web site www.miamibeachfl.gov.
Payments must be submitted in advance at least 48 hours or two (2) business days. For more information you may contact Nelida Correa, Meter Rentals Liaison, at 305.673.7505 x6673, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., or you may write at: Pkg_Meter_Rentals@miamibeachfl.gov. We are located at 1755 Meridian Avenue, Second Floor.
17. How can I report a broken and/or missing sign and faded painting of the curb?
Please send a written request to: Victor Hayes, Parking Operations Manager, City of Miami Beach Parking Department, 1755 Meridian Avenue, Second Floor, Miami Beach, Florida 33139. Please clearly and briefly explain the problem and the location of the sign or curb.