CITY OF MIAMI BEACH ADA GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
This Grievance Procedure is established to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. It may be used by anyone who wishes to file complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in employment practices and policies or the provision of services, activities, programs, or benefits by the City of Miami Beach.
Download COMPLAINT FORM PROCEDURE
- The complaint should be in writing and contain information about the alleged discrimination such as name, address, phone number of the complainant and location, date, and description of the problem. Upon request, alternative means of filing complaints, such as personal interviews or a tape recording of the complaint, will be made available for persons with disabilities.
- The complaint should be submitted by the grievant and/or his/her designee as soon as possible but no later than 60 business days after the alleged violation. Submit complaints concerning employment practices to:
Angela Menendez, Human Resources, City Hall
1700 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
(305) 673-7000 x 6713
Submit other complaints to:
Valeria Mejia, ADA Coordinator
Property Management, Public Works,
1245 Michigan Ave
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
(305) 673-7000 x 2988
- Within 15 business days after receipt of the complaint, the ADA Coordinator will contact the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions. Within 15 business days after the meeting, the ADA Coordinator will respond in writing, and, where appropriate, a format accessible to the complainant, such as large print, Braille, or audio tape. The response will explain the position of the City of Miami Beach and offer options for substantive resolution of the complaint.
- If the response by the ADA Coordinator does not satisfactorily resolve the issue, the complainant and/or his/her designee may appeal the decision of the ADA Coordinator within 15 business days after receipt of the response to the City Manager or his or her designee.
- Within 15 business days after receipt of the appeal, the City Manager or his or her designee will meet with the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible solutions. Within 15 business days after the meeting, the City Manager or his or her designee will respond in writing, and, where appropriate, in a format accessible to the complainant, with a final resolution of the complaint.
- All written complaints received by the ADA Coordinator, appeals to the City Manager or his or her designee, and the responses from the ADA Coordinator and City Manager or his or her designee will be kept by the City of Miami Beach for at least three years.