WORKER'S COMPENSATION MANAGED CARE GUIDELINES
The City of Miami Beach and its' Workers' Compensation Administrator, Johns Eastern Company, have combined to provide you with a unique Managed Care Arrangement for work related injury. The current Workers' Compensation Statute (Florida Statute 440.134) makes it mandatory that all medical treatment for work related injuries occurring after December 31, 1996 be furnished to employees through a Managed Care Arrangement. A video recording of managed care specifics along with the Managed Care Arrangement Plan, is located with Risk Management for review during normal business hours. EMPLOYEE RIGHTS
- You have the right to confidential and accessible medical care.
- You have the right to timely, quality medical treatment.
- You must choose your Primary Care Provider from the Med View Network(s); the Network listing(s) are located in your department. The listing includes the names, addresses and phone numbers of all providers.
- You may change Primary Care Providers/Specialist one time, choosing from the noted Networks by contacting Johns Eastern Co., Workers' Compensation Managed Care Section at 800/749-3044..
- You may afford yourself of the Workers' Compensation Managed Care Grievance Process as established regarding any concerns you may have about the medical care being provided to you.
- Informal Grievances are called into Johns Eastern Co., 800/749-3044 or Risk Management at 305/673-7014; request to speak with the grievance coordinator. Informal Grievances will be resolved within 7 business days. The employer is subject to fines for not responding within 7 days.
- Formal Grievances are to be submitted utilizing the Grievance Report form. Forms are available from Johns Eastern Company.
- You have the right to return to your work position when physically able to do so and as soon as released by your Primary Care Provider.
For Assistance Contact:
- You must report all work related injuries or illnesses promptly.
- You must utilize Network Providers only unless otherwise stated.
- You must cooperate with all treatment established.
- You must comply with attendance at all physician/physical/occupational therapy appointments.
- You must return to work as soon as you are medically released to do so.
JOHNS EASTERN MANAGED CARE DEPARTMENT
8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday
In the event of an after hours, weekend or holiday injury, report your injury to your supervisor if able, and report to the nearest area hospital.