- Recovered substantial fines imposed by the Special Master for code violations.
- Recovered substantial funds in foreclosure of city liens and in civil forfeiture proceedings.
- Successfully obtained a public baywalk on the Flamingo and Waverly properties.
- Successfully resolved an insurance claim against Worker’s Compensation excess insurance carrier resulting in a $1.3 million recovery.
- Secured a settlement of the La Gorce litigation ending years of hostility and controversy between the country club and its neighbors.
- Drafted high profile ordinances and resolutions often serving as models for other municipalities
- Successfully defended numerous high exposure personal injury and complex tort claims.
- Successfully defended numerous employment, civil rights, and police cases.
- Prepared agreements between CMB and School Board for improvements along Prairie Avenue and Dade Boulevard as part of the Miami Beach Sr. H.S. Expansion Project, and collecting $215,074 from the School Board.
- Negotiated and drafted documents settling disputes on following projects: Flamingo Park and South Pointe Row Projects, Normandy close-out issues, Horizon Construction Rolling Shield and Tower Group.
- Sunset Harbor Garage Project – finalized Second Closing (completing City’s site acquisition for proposed garage project), and executed construction contract and funding agreement.
- Purchase and Sale Agreement and Development Agreement between CMB and Miami Beach Housing Authority (HACMB) for acquisition of easement for design and construction of West Avenue/17 Street Bridge access (in conjunction with HACMB’s development of affordable elderly housing project).
- Drafted Recycling Ordinance, providing mandatory recycling requirements for commercial and multifamily establishments in the City.
- Drafted City’s proposed language for amendment to Convention Development Tax Act (F.S. 212.0305), requiring that a proposed additional 1% assessment of the tax be allocated exclusively toward improvement to, and/or maintenance of, the Miami Beach Convention Center.
- Successfully defended against challenge to ordinance approving westward expansion of Flamingo Park Historic District, 600 and 700 blocks of Alton Road.
- Successfully obtained $212,500 from Monticello Insurance Co. for its wrongful refusal to defend and indemnify the City regarding the double drowning deaths in the Breaux Litigation.
- KTKL – successfully resolved years of expensive litigation by modifying the Settlement Agreement, minimizing the City’s exposure to future litigation
- Secured a Special Master award of $2.7 million against Museum Walk Properties.
- Secured a $600,000 settlement in collection efforts against Eden Roc Hotel for use of city property during its restoration.
- Settled Sunrise Plaza dispute with Continuum developer.
- Settled North Beach Recreational Corridor litigation.
- Negotiated Agreement with FPL on new 30 year Franchise Agreement.