City Commission Adopted Pension Policies and Guidelines
Miami Beach Employees Retirement Plan (MBERP)
1700 Convention Center Drive, 1st Floor
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Fire and Police Pension Plan
1691 Michigan Avenue, #355
Miami Beach, FL 33139
ICMA-RC Website link
401(a) Defined Contribution Plan, 457 Deferred Compensation Plans, Roth 401
Nationwide Retirement Solutions Website link
- 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan Number 013-02667
- 401(a) NRS Customer Service: 1.800.772.2182
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan Number 0036817
- 457(b) Customer Service 1.877.677.3678
- OBRA (Retirement Savings Plan for part-time employees)
- Plan Number 0036817002
- Customer Service 1.877.677.3678
Florida Local Government Retirement Systems, Actuarial Summary Fact Sheets
The Department of Management Services monitors Florida’s local government pension plans for actuarially sound funding under Part VII of Chapter 12, Florida Statutes. An Actuarial Summary Fact Sheet is available for your review at the department’s website for each local governmental pension plan that they monitor.
These fact sheets summarize the basic information about each plan and compare that information to the average of Florida’s other local government pension plans. The fact sheet is prepared in accordance with section 112.665(1)(e), Florida Statutes, and includes the following information:
- The plan’s actuarial status.
- The most current actuarial and benefit data.
- The minimum funding requirements as a percentage of pay.
- A five-year history of fund ratios.
- A comparison to the average of other Florida local government pension plans.
- A brief explanation of each element presented to maximize the transparency of the local government plan.
The links to the website and to the Actuarial Summary Fact Sheet for the Miami Beach Employees Retirement Plan and the City of Miami Beach Police and Fire Pension Plan are:
State of Florida Department of Management Local Retirement Plans Website
Miami Beach Employees Retirement Plan
Miami Beach Police and Fire Pension Plan
Additional Information for Retirement Planning
Social Security Windfall Elimination Provision
Social Security Government Pension Offset