BICYCLE REGISTRATION PROGRAM
The purpose of the bicycle registration program is to reduce the number of bicycles stolen and assist the Miami Beach Police Department in the recovery of any stolen bicycles. There is NO cost to register a bicycle whatsoever.
Click here to begin the registration process.
RULES OF THE ROAD
- When passing a cyclists, keep a three-foot distance between your vehicle and the bicycle.
- Look out for approaching cyclists before opening your car door when parked.
- Cyclists have the right to take a lane; it's a State of Florida law.
- Follow traffic rules of the road, including traffic signals.
- Ride in the same direction as vehicles and yield when making turns.
- Yield to pedestrians when riding on a sidewalk.
- Use lights and wear reflective gear.
- Obey all traffic laws. If no sidewalks are present, walk against the direction of traffic to see oncoming vehicles.
- Always use the crosswalk. Push the button to get the walk signal.
- Be visible. Wear bright, reflective colors.