Employee Benefits is committed to providing quality, cost effective benefit programs that attract and maintain a quality workforce providing value to our employees, retirees and their families.
The City of Miami Beach benefits program provides employees with a variety of benefits to help protect their health and finances today and in the future. We recognize that our employees are one of our most valuable assets, which is why we provide a comprehensive benefit package providing health and financial protections throughout an employee’s career and on into retirement. Information regarding the coverage options available to all full-time employees can be found in the Benefits at a Glance.
The Employee Benefits Division of Human Resources is responsible for:
- Managing the benefit programs for both the City’s active and retired employees,
- Providing open enrollment opportunities as necessary to guarantee all benefit eligible
employees and retirees are made aware of benefit options available to them,
- Addressing any questions regarding coverage, plan payment or retirement options,
- Acting as a liaison between the benefit plan the employee or retiree and the City to
guarantee the benefit programs provide value-added cost effective coverage,
- Coordinating the City’s Wellness Events in partnership with our health plan carrier to
encourage healthy lifestyles,
- Coordinating the City’s 457 Deferred Compensation program managing employee
enrollment, contribution and investment changes.
Along with these benefits and competitive compensation, the City provides tuition assistance and training and development programs designed to help employees improve their skills and master new ones. Whether in Fleet Management, Finance, Parking or any of the many business units within the City, our employees enjoy many opportunities to earn, grow and protect themselves and their loved ones throughout their career and retirement.