HR > EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
The City of Miami Beach benefits program provides employees with a variety of benefits to help protect their health and finances today and in the future. We recognize that our employees are one of our most valuable assets, which is why we provide a comprehensive benefit package providing health and financial protections throughout an employee’s career and on into retirement.
See Benefit Programs for coverage options available to all full-time employees.
The Employee Benefits Division of the Human Resources Department is responsible for:
- Managing the benefit programs for both the City’s active and retired employees,
- Providing open enrollment opportunities as necessary to guarantee all benefit eligible employees and retirees are made aware of benefit options available to them,
- Addressing any questions regarding coverage, plan payment or retirement options,
- Acting as a liaison between the benefit plan the employee or retiree and the City to ensure the benefit programs provide value-added cost effective coverage,
- Coordinating the City’s Wellness Events in partnership with our health plan carrier to encourage healthy lifestyles,
- Coordinating the City’s 457 Deferred Compensation program managing employee enrollment, contribution and investment changes.