HR > LABOR RELATIONS
The Labor Relations Division is part of the Human Resources Department and supports the City's Mission, Vision and Values through the strengthening of working relationships throughout the City by successfully negotiating contracts and identifying improvement opportunities relating to the hours, wages and working conditions of union employees. Through employee support, a primary function, Labor Relations establishes an environment that helps the City achieve the goals of customer service, teamwork while focusing on the City's mission and objectives.
The City of Miami Beach has five (5) recognized labor organizations:
- AFSCME: American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, Local 1554
- CWA: Communications Workers of America, Local 3178
- FOP: Fraternal Order of Police, William Nichols Lodge No. 8
- GSA: Government Supervisors Association of Florida, International Union, Local 100
- IAFF: International Association of Fire Fighters, Local 1510
Labor Relations is dedicated to providing the highest standard of excellence and cooperation between employees and management. We are devoted to the acquisition and exchange of perspectives, information, and skills in the fields of public sector collective bargaining, labor-management and employee relations."