OFFICE OF COMMUNITY SERVICES
The Office of Community Services (OCS) targets the following population through partnerships, coalitions and special initiatives.
• Youth (elementary and high-school-aged)
• Community-based providers needing support to meet outcomes deliverables for the Miami Beach Service Partnership
• Through partnerships, coalitions and special initiatives, the OCS serves and advocates for these populations with the primary focus on accessing services offered by community-based providers. Examples of these strategies and direct services include: becoming an ACCESS Florida for the Department of Children and Families and an Access Point for the Aging Resource Center, in conjunction with the Alliance for Aging
• Coordinating monthly community service projects and public workshops targeting our service populations
• Implementing the Youth Empowerment Network (formerly known as the (Truancy Prevention Program) serving 50 youth and their families
• Conducting home visits and assessments for youth and families facing educational, familial and service problems
• Providing advocacy for those youth facing educational problems including the need for testing and placement in special education programming
BASIC TAX PREPARATION:
Tax season is underway and if you’re house-hold
income is $54,000 or less, the City of Miami Beach – in collaboration
with the Internal Revenue Service is offering VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE.
Help is also offered to persons with disabilities, the elderly, and
those with limited English proficiency.
Be sure to ask if you qualify for the earned income
appointments please call 305-673-7491
Wednesday, February 1st
last date Friday, April 14, 2017
- Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Valid Florida ID or US Passport
- Must have social security card,
no copies accepted
- All income tax related documents (W-2)
- Form 1095 A, B, or C (ACA statement-
Proof of health insurance)