OFFICE OF COMMUNITY SERVICES
The Office of Community Services (OCS) targets the following population through partnerships, coalitions and special initiatives.
• Youth (elementary and high-school-aged)
• Community-based providers needing support to meet outcomes deliverables for the Miami Beach Service Partnership
• Through partnerships, coalitions and special initiatives, the OCS serves and advocates for these populations with the primary focus on accessing services offered by community-based providers. Examples of these strategies and direct services include: becoming an ACCESS Florida for the Department of Children and Families and an Access Point for the Aging Resource Center, in conjunction with the Alliance for Aging
• Coordinating monthly community service projects and public workshops targeting our service populations
• Implementing the Youth Empowerment Network (formerly known as the (Truancy Prevention Program) serving 50 youth and their families
• Conducting home visits and assessments for youth and families facing educational, familial and service problems
• Providing advocacy for those youth facing educational problems including the need for testing and placement in special education programming
To learn more view our WORKPLAN.