The Mission of the Rescue Division is to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers through rapid response, courteous, professional treatment and quality emergency medical services.
- Responded to 13,532 EMS calls, transported over 7,000 patients, and generated 1.19 million dollars in Rescue Transport revenue.
- Reviewed 100% of Patient Care Records for Quality Assurance Program
- Developed a more efficient inventory control system to streamline the current process and assure equipment and supplies are available in sufficient quantities to meet the needs of our citizens and visitors
- Secured grant, selected contractor and procured hardware and software for electronic report writing
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To improve the training of personnel responding to emergency medical calls.
- To contain the cost of rescue training by re-certifying paramedics in house.
- Maintain and improve state mandated quality assurance (QA) program.
- To provide a higher level of patient care by placing an additional advanced life support rescue unit in service.
- Computerize rescue division training section, computerize rescue division records, and inventory control, quality assurance program, and budget. Improve electronic communication capability in the rescue division.
- Obtain funding for research and development of alternate methods of delivering fire/rescue service and equipment.
- Enhance services provided to the citizens of Miami Beach.
- Implement a public education/injury prevention program.
- Enhance cooperation with other agencies