1. Have repeatedly represented the neighborhood, before the City Commission, voicing our opinion/opposition to builder over development and other quality of life issues. i.e.: View corridors, toxic dumps etc, etc.
2. Worked with the City and County to build and landscape traffic calming islands.
3. Organize and sponsor annual Halloween Walk and Gala Party to provide a safe and fun environment for our neighborhood children and their families.
4. Have hosted and supported candidate forums.
5. Are currently working with the County to review the existing traffic island configuration and make adjustments as necessary (to the curb, road etc) to make them more effective (they have received copies of traffic accident reports on La Gorce and Pine Tree since 2000 to use as a basis).
6. Have developed a close working relationship with the CMB Police Department to establish communication and action plans to help slow traffic on both Pine Tree and La Gorce Drive and to assure neighborhood safety and security.
7. We are developing a program with the City Police to engage off duty police for additional policing of the neighborhood for crime prevention and strict enforcement of the neighborhood's 30 MPH speed limit.
8. We worked with the City to implement tree-planting on the swales following the removal of the coconut palms.
9. As certain trees, which were located on the right of way, had been causing extended electric outages, we successfully worked with the City of Miami Beach to have those trees either removed or trimmed, in an attempt to alleviate the problem.
10. We have increased the awareness of homeowners on Pine Tree/La Gorce on the issue of sexual predators living on Miami Beach and have consulted with area law enforcement on prudent safety measures.
11. Monitor “good neighbor” relations between residents and La Gorce Country Club
12. Developed a successful e-mail communication system with residents
13. Participated and supported the Miami Beach Police Department's Hate Crime Community meetings.
14. Worked with the Miami Beach public works department to have radar speed monitors installed on Pinetree Drive.
15. Assisted the Miami Beach Police Department's Crime Prevention Unit in training officers to conduct home security surveys per a program with the attorney General's Office