Quality of Life Issues: Assure the peaceful residential character of the neighborhood through continued attention to crime and safety, traffic and parking, refuse and animal waste, commercial intrusion and control of horns, alarms and other inappropriate noise.
Adequate Circulation: Implement improvements in traffic calming and vehicle flow; continue to develop local transit alternatives, bicycle routes and safer pedestrian passages; and ease commercial crossings and access to the beach and bay.
Flamingo Park: Maintain and sustain the park as an important recreational amenity for residents of the neighborhood, the City and the region by maintaining green space, planting shade trees, and assuring adequate maintenance and programming.
Planning and Zoning: Support public works projects and capital improvement projects with the aim of providing more modern infrastructure and amenities. Monitor neighborhood and comprehensive plans, deliberations of the Planning Board, Historic Preservation Board, Design Review Board and the City Commission.
Matters Requiring Attention:
- Down zoning within Flamingo and zoning corrections adjacent to Flamingo.
- Traffic Flow Analysis for Sixteenth Street
- Way Finding Signage Program
- Hurricane Preparedness; Code Enforcement; Forced Evacuations
- Capital Improvement Program and G. O. Bond Improvement Program
- E-mail Contact Information and Linkage to City Information Outreach Program
- Educational Campaign for Responsible Pet Ownership: “Scoop the Poop