FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS1. Where are you located and what are your business hours?
The Customer Service Center (Parking Permits) is located on the first floor of 1755 Meridian Avenue, working hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, excluding weekends and Holidays.
2. How can I purchase a business parking permit?
The cost of the permit is: $70.00 plus 7% sales tax for a total of $74.90 per month, and you can pay for your permit up to three (3) months in advance.
3. What is the status of our City Municipal garages and lots?
There is limited availability for our City of Miami Beach Municipal garages and lots. To place your name on our waiting list, please call 305.673.7505. 4. What are the required documents to purchase a residential parking permit?
1. Valid photo ID, driver’s license issued by local, state or federal agency.
2. Valid vehicle registration (not required for visitor's permit) belonging to the person requesting the residential permit. If the registration is under a different name, the resident must provide proof of insurance.
3. One (1) of the following monthly bill(s) and/ or statements with the resident’s name and address within the last 30 days of issuance.
5. What are your payment options?
The Parking Department accepts cash, checks, and credit cards: Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
6. What is the fee for the transfer of a residential permit if my permit is still active?
The fee for the transfer of a residential permit, if the permit is still valid is $7.50.
7. Where can I store my car?
The City of Miami Beach (according to the Miami-Dade County Ordinance) does not allow vehicle storage on public property.8. How do I qualify for a Hybrid Permit?
Click here for more information regarding Hybrid vehicles.9. Where may I obtain my City Wide Permit?
Citywide permits are issued to current City Board and Committee members at 1755 Meridian Avenue, Second Floor, Miami Beach, Florida 33139. A current letter of board appointment is required to obtain the citywide permit.Please call Claudia Wong at 305.673.7505 x6049.
10. What is the process to contest a citation?
The Parking Department reviews only two types of parking citations within 10 days of issuance.
All citations issued by a Police Officer must be appealed through the Miami-Dade County Clerk of Courts. Additional information is provided on the reverse side of the citation.
If you feel that you were cited in error, and it is one of the types of citations, you can submit a request for review by the City of Miami Beach parking Department Administration. Please gather all supporting documentation and click on the link below to complete your request. Please note that you will need to attach these documents.
Click HERE to submit your request.
11. What is the contact information for the Parking Violations Bureau? There are several county locations listed on the back of each citation. The Miami Beach office is located at: 1130 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor. You can pay with a credit card by calling 305.275.1133, or online at Pay Parking Citations; you will need your citation number to make payment.If you have any questions or concerns with parking citations, please contact:Parking Violations BureauMiami-Dade County, Florida.305.275.1133
12. How can I report a broken meter?
To report a broken meter, contact us at 305.673.7505 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or our 24/7 Parking Enforcement Division at 305.673.9453 and provide the meter number.
13. How can I report an illegally parked vehicle?
You can contact the Parking Department dispatch (open 24 hours) at 305.673.9453 and provide the following information:
1. Make, model, tag, and color of the vehicle2. Exact location where vehicle is parked3. Why the vehicle is considered illegally parked (e.g.: blocked driveway, abandoned, fire hydrant, yellow curb, restricted parking etc.)
14. My vehicle was towed?
If your vehicle was towed from public property, a parking citation was issued and placed on your windshield. The City of Miami Beach contracts two (2) towing service providers:
Tremont Towing1747 Bay RoadMiami Beach, Florida 33139305.672.2395.
Beach Towing1349 Dade Blvd.Miami Beach, Florida 33139305.534.2128.
You must present a valid picture identification and vehicle registration. Both companies accept cash, traveler’s checks and personal checks. There are ATM machines at both locations.
We highly recommend that you retrieve your vehicle with 24 hours to avoid storage fees.
15. Where do I obtain a vehicle registration, handicap and/or baby parking permit?
Any auto tag agency will renew the aforementioned. The Miami Beach location is: 800 - 71 Street, Miami Beach; phone number: 305.868.3277.
16. How do I rent meters?
Space rentals are available for Construction Projects, Film & Photo Productions, Special Events, and Valet purposes. A city of Miami Beach permit is required. Space rentals must be requested three (3) business days in advance, non-metered/residential areas will require five (5) business days notice; CLICK HERE to download an application.Payments must be submitted in advance at least 48 hours or two (2) business days. For more information you may contact Nelida Correa, Meter Rentals Liaison, at 305.673.7505 x6673, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., or you may write at: Pkg_Meter_Rentals@miamibeachfl.gov. We are located at 1755 Meridian Avenue, Second Floor.
17. How can I report a broken and/or missing sign and faded painting of the curb?
Please send a written request to: Victor Hayes, Parking Operations Manager, City of Miami Beach Parking Department, 1755 Meridian Avenue, Second Floor, Miami Beach, Florida 33139. Please clearly and briefly explain the problem and the location of the sign or curb.