CITY OF MIAMI BEACH
DESIGN REVIEW/HISTORIC PRESERVATION BOARD
HISTORIC PRESERVATION BOARD
DESIGN REVIEW BOARD
AFTER ACTION REPORT
FOR MEETING HELD
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 1999
Previously Continued Matters
1. DRB File No. 11471, 2021 - 2031 Meridian Avenue - Meridian Manor. The applicant, Jonathan Fryd, is requesting Design Review approval for the construction of an eight (8) unit, five (5) story townhome-apartment building to be located between two existing garden-style structures.
APPROVED: Subject to a revised landscape plan being submitted to the Board.
Revisions to Previously Approved Plans
1. DRB File No. 6653, 90 Alton Road - Yacht Club at South Beach. The applicant, the Yacht Club at Portofino. Ltd., is requesting Design Review Approval for revisions to previously approved plans for the construction of a 34 story condominium building with low-rise apartment units at the pedestal level, in order to introduce a new curb-cut on the south elevation.
CONTINUED: To 12-14-99 in order for the applicant to address landscape and design issues.
1. DRB File No. 12107, 1140 Alton Road - Friends of the Lubavitch. The applicant, the Friends of the Lubavitch, Inc., is requesting after-the-fact Design Review Approval for an existing supergraphic and various architectural features.
APPROVED: As submitted.
2. DRB File No. 12108, 1661 Michigan Avenue - Lincoln Plaza. The applicant, Lincoln Plaza Partners, L.L.C., is requesting Design Review Approval for the removal of an existing grade level municipal parking lot and the demolition of two (2) existing structures, in order to construct a seven (7) story office and public parking structure, with ground level retail.
APPROVED: With minor design refinements.
3. DRB File No. 11989, 100 Washington Avenue - Courts at South Beach. The applicant, Courts at South Beach, Ltd., is requesting Design Review Approval for a one (1) story commercial structure with a drive-thru on block 380, revisions to the exterior design of the structures on block 78 and 778, and the redesign of phase four (4) of the project including the reintroduction of Meridian Avenue, as well as an eight (8) level residential structure with ground level commercial space.
CONTINUED: To 1-11-2000 in order to address exterior design and compatibility issues.
NEXT MEETING DATE REMINDER
Tuesday, November 16, 1999