CITY OF MIAMI BEACH
DESIGN REVIEW/HISTORIC PRESERVATION BOARD
DESIGN REVIEW BOARD
AFTER ACTION REPORT
FOR MEETING HELD
TUESDAY, MAY 18, 1999
Previously Continued Matters:
1. DRB File No. 11463J, 1035-1045 Lincoln Road - The Sender Building. The applicant, Michael Comras, is requesting a Certificate of Appropriateness and Design Review approval for revisions to previously approved plans for the construction of a new retail structure.
APPROVED: with minor changes to corner dome.
DESIGN REVIEW BOARD: APPLICATIONS FOR DESIGN REVIEW APPROVAL
Previously Continued Matters
1. DRB FILE NO. 11271, 245 Michigan Avenue . The applicant, Third Floridian Developer, Inc. is requesting Design Review approval for the demolition of an existing two (2) story apartment building on site and the new construction of a new five (5) story townhouse project with parking on site.
APPROVED: with minor changes to primary corner.
2. DRB File No. 10929, 5333 Collins Avenue - La Costa (p/k/a Oliver House). The applicant, 5333 Collins Avenue, L.P. Ltd. is requesting Design Review approval for the construction of a 22-story, 63-unit addition to the rear (east) of the existing apartment building.
MOVED: project moved to July 13, 1999 due to defective notice.
3. DRB File No. 10719, 4300 - 4332 Collins Avenue; Charles Group Hotel Garage. The applicant, FRU Management, inc., is requesting Design Review approval for the construction of a five (5) story parking garage.
APPROVED: with addition of approximately 5,400 sq ft of retail at the first level.
1. DRB File No. 11467, 1420 - 1428 West Avenue - Alliage. The applicant, West Development, Inc., is requesting Design Review approval for the demolition of an existing single family house and the construction of a 12-unit, four (4) story residential building, inclusive of parking.
CONTINUED to July 13, 1999 in order to address massing and contextual concerns.
2. DRB File No. 11468, Alton Road between Michigan Avenue and Biscayne Street - SSDI South. The applicant, The Related Group of Florida, is requesting Design Review approval for the construction of a 37-story residential building, inclusive of a 435-space, three (3) story parking garage and thirteen (13) townhome units abutting the garage structure.
APPROVED: subject to minor modifications to townhomes, as well as the relocation of corner mechanical and generator space.
NEXT MEETING DATE REMINDER
Tuesday, June 8, 1999