CITY OF MIAMI BEACH
City Hall 1700 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Telephone: (305) 673-7550
Facsimile: (305) 673-7559
B O A R D of A D J U S T M E N T
A F T E R A C T I O N
FRIDAY, MARCH 3, 2000 - 9:00 A.M.
1700 Convention Center Drive
Commission Chambers - Third Floor
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
1. FILE NO. 2255 CHARLOTTE'S CHINESE KITCHEN
(a/k/a NEW CHARLOTTE'S CHINESE KITCHEN)
1403 WASHINGTON AVENUE
LOTS 10 and 11; BLOCK 26
OCEAN BEACH ADDITION NO. 2; PB 2/56
A new tenant has taken over this establishment and shall introduce himself to the Board, in accordance with condition #2 of the Order, dated August 16, 1992, which requires that the current operator and subsequent operators of the business shall be specifically apprised of all conditions.
This variance is regarding the operation of an establishment which obtained a variance on July 24, 1992 to sell/serve alcoholic beverages within the proximity of a school. (Note: The former applicant was required to present a progress report once-a-year.)
No further progress reports, unless the Police Dept. or School Board contact us with a problem.
2. FILE NO. 2734 JAMES MOORE/KATHRYN KASSNER
5905 NORTH BAY ROAD
LOTS 9 AND 10; BLOCK 4
LAGORCE GOLF SUBDIVISION
PLAT BOOK 14 - PAGE 43
The applicant is requesting the following variances in order to remodel and reconstruct portions of an existing single family residence:
File No. 2734 (continued)
5909 N. Bay Road
1. A variance to waive 2' - 6" of the minimum req. front yard setback of 20' - 0" in order to construct a new loggia 17' - 6" from the front property line facing North Bay Road.
2. A variance to waive 4' - 0" of the minimum required side yard setback facing a street of 15' - 0" in order to construct a new den addition 11' - 0" from the south side property line facing 59th Street.
3. A variance to waive 15' - 0" of the minimum required rear yard setback of 20' - 0" in order to demolish an existing staircase and to reconstruct a new staircase 5' - 0" from the rear property line.
3. FILE NO. 2736 GREGG ROSEN
4452 NORTH BAY ROAD
LOTS 26 AND 27; BLOCK 1
PLAT BOOK 8 - PAGE 95
The applicant is requesting the following variances in order to construct a loggia along the front of an existing single family residence:
1. A variance to waive 1' - 0" of the minimum required front yard setback of 20' - 0" in order to construct a loggia 19' - 0" from the front property line facing North Bay Road.
2. A variance to waive 15.2' of the minimum required sum of the side yards of 37.5' in order to construct a loggia/gazebo addition to the existing single family residence which results in a sum of the side yards of 22.3'.
4. FILE NO. 2737 JACKIE DUANE
2804 PRAIRIE AVENUE
LOT 2; BLOCK 3
MID GOLF SUB. FIRST ADDITION
PLAT BOOK 7 - PAGE 161
File No. 2737 (continued)
The applicant is requesting the following variances in order to substantially rebuild an existing garage/storage structure which is attached to the rear of an existing single family residence:
1. A variance to waive 17.5' of the required 22.5' rear yard setback in order to reconstruct the above structure 5' from the rear property line.
2. A variance to waive 6.25' of the minimum required north side yard setback of 11.25' and 2.5' of the minimum required side yard of 7.5' in order to reconstruct the above structure 5' from the north side yard .
Continued to the April 7, 2000 meeting.
5. FILE NO. 2738 HOTELERAMA ASSOCIATES, LTD.
4441 COLLINS AVENUE
LOTS A, 1, 2 & SOUTH 1/2 OF LOT 3
INDIAN BEACH CORP. AMENDED PLAT; PB 8/61
PORTIONS OF LOTS 5 & 8 AND THE
SOUTH 1/2 OF J.M. SNOWDEN TRACT; PB 5/7&8
The applicant is requesting the following variance in order to construct a new tower addition to the existing Fountainebleau Hotel. The proposed 354' high, 36 story tower contains 230 hotel units, 231 apartment units and 1096 parking spaces.
1. A variance to waive 71.8' of the minimum required 86.8' pedestal side setback facing a street in order to construct the new tower addition with a south side pedestal setback of 15'.
Continued to the May 5, 2000 meeting.
6. FILE NO. 2739 SAGAMORE PARTNERS, LTD.
1671 COLLINS AVENUE
LOTS 6 AND 15 AND THE NORTH 25 FT. OF
LOTS 5 AND 16; BLOCK 29
FISHER'S FIRST SUBDIVISION; PB 2/77
The applicant is requesting the following variances in order to retain an existing four (4) story hotel structure which is currently under construction and to add a new fifth floor to the hotel structure:
File No. 2739 (continued)
1671 Collins Avenue
1. A variance to waive 2.5' of the minimum required interior side yard setback of 7.5' in order to retain a four story hotel wing, currently under construction, 5' from the south side property line.
Upon approval of variance request #1, the applicant requests the following:
2. A variance to waive 2.5' of the minimum required interior side yard setback of 7.5' in order to construct a partial fifth floor addition to the four story hotel wing currently under construction 5' from the south side property line.
C. APPEAL FROM ADMINISTRATIVE DECISION
7. FILE NO. 2733 BBGF LUKE CORPORATION
140-150 OCEAN DRIVE
LOTS 2 AND 3; BLOCK 2
OCEAN BEACH FLA. SUBDIVISION
PLAT BOOK 2 - PAGE 38
The applicant is appealing a December 21, 2000 administrative decision by the Planning and Zoning Director. The administrative decision generally states that the Code does not provide for the Board of Adjustment to review
staff's interpretation of a condition of a Design Review order. The review procedure for a staff interpretation of a Design Review order is a clarification hearing with staff and the Design Review Board as set forth in Section 118-256 of the Code.
Continued to the May 5, 2000 meeting.
The Board will discuss their availability for the September 1, 2000 meeting (note: one Board member has advised that they will not be present on this date).
At this time, the meeting will take place as scheduled on Sept. 1, 2000. Four members will be present.