CITY OF MIAMI BEACH
City Hall 1700 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, Florida 33139 Telephone: (305) 673-7550
Facsimile: (305) 673-7559
B O A R D O F A D J U S T M E N T
A F T E R A C T I O N
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3, 1999 - 9:00 A.M.
1700 Convention Center Drive
Commission Chambers - Third Floor
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
A. CONTINUED APPLICATION
1. FILE NO. 2722 JUAN & JOSEPHINE PAMPANAS
4444 PRAIRIE AVENUE
LOTS 1 AND 2; BLOCK 2
NURSERY SUB.; PLAT BOOK 23 - PAGE 66
AND SOUTH 5 FT. OF LOT 18; BLOCK 9
NAUTILUS ADDITION; PLAT BOOK 8 - PAGE 130
This case is continued from the meeting of November 5, 1999.
The applicant is requesting the following variance in order to subdivide an existing single family development site into two separate parcels. One parcel will consists of the existing residence and the other parcel will become a buildable lot.
1. A variance to waive 1.04 feet of the minimum required 7.5 feet south side yard setback in order to subdivide an existing single family development site into two separate parcels resulting in the existing residence having a south side yard setback of 6.46 feet.
GRANTED WITH CONDITIONS.
B. EXTENSION OF TIME
2. FILE NO. 2588 CHISHOLM PROPERTIES CORP.
(a/k/a Surfcomber Hotel)
1717 and 1725 COLLINS AVENUE
LOTS 16 AND 5 LESS THE NORTH
10.00 FT. THEREOF, AND ALL OF LOTS 17,18, 3 AND 4; BLOCK 28; FISHER'S FIRST SUB. OF
ALTON BEACH; PLAT BOOK 2 - PAGE 77
File No. 2588
Chisholm Properties Corp.
1717 & 1725 Collins Avenue
The applicant is requesting a twelve (12) month extension of time to obtain a building permit to demolish two existing cabana structures and construct in the same location two (2), two-story structures containing 14 new hotel rooms and a gymnasium as part of a substantial renovation of the existing hotel. The applicant is also requesting a twelve (12) month extension of time to complete the project. The extension, if granted, will give the applicant until September 12, 2000 to obtain a building permit and until September 12, 2002 to complete the project.
C. NEW APPLICATIONS
3. FILE NO. 2725 MARSHALL & SUSAN KANNER
287 PALM AVENUE
LOTS 53 AND 54; BLOCK 2B; RIVIERA 1st
AND 2nd ADDITION AMENDED; PLAT BOOK 32 - PAGE 37
The applicant is requesting the following variance in order to construct a swimming pool and deck in the rear yard of an existing single family residence:
1. A variance to waive fifteen (15) feet of the minimum required twenty (20) feet setback in order to construct a swimming pool and deck five (5) feet from the rear property line facing North Coconut Lane.
GRANTED WITH CONDITIONS
4. FILE NO. 2726 LEONARD MARCHINI
1355 ALTON ROAD
LOT 16; BLOCK 108; OCEAN BEACH ADDITION NO. 3
PLAT BOOK 2 - PAGE 81
The applicant is requesting the following variance to waive the minimum distance separation between an educational facility and a business that sells/serves alcoholic beverages in order to sell/serve alcoholic beverages at a restaurant, currently under construction.
1. A variance to waive 224.5 feet of the minimum required 300 feet separation between a commercial use which sells or offers for consumption alcoholic beverages and a property used as an educational facility. The restaurant is located 75.5 feet from A to Z for Kids Preschool, the operational characteristics of which the Board of Adjustment previously concluded qualifies it as an educational facility.
CASE WITHDRAWN AT HEARING
5. FILE NO. 2727 WALGREEN COMPANY
7332 COLLINS AVENUE
LOTS 1 THRU 3 INC., AND LOTS 8 AND 9
BLOCK 9; HARDING TOWNSITE
PLAT BOOK 34 - PAGE 4
The applicant is requesting the following variances in order to install two flat wall signs larger than what is permitted by the Zoning Code.
1. A variance to exceed by 465 sq. ft. the maximum permitted size of 30 sq. ft. for flat wall signs in order to install a 495 sq. ft. wall sign with copy reading AWALGREENS@ facing Collins Avenue.
2. A variance to exceed by 153 sq. ft. the maximum permitted size of 30 sq. ft. for flat wall signs in order to install a 183 sq. ft. wall sign with copy reading AWALGREENS@ facing 74th Street.
VARIANCE REQUEST NO. 1 GRANTED; REQUEST NO. 2 CONTINUED TO THE MEETING OF JANUARY 7, 2000.
6. FILE NO. 2728 16th STREET PARTNERS, L.L.C.
1601-1625 WASHINGTON AVENUE
LOTS 17 & 18 LESS THE EAST 60 FT. AND 20 FT. ALLEY NOW CLOSED LYING NORTH OF LOT 17 BLOCK 54; AND,
ALL OF LOTS 19 THROUGH 22
FISHER'S FIRST ADDITION OF ALTON BEACH
PLAT BOOK 2 - PAGE 77
The applicant is requesting the following variance in order to construct an eight story office/retail/parking garage structure:
1. A variance to waive all of the required 5' - 0" rear yard setback.
GRANTED WITH CONDITIONS.
7. FILE NO. 2729 ELANNA ROSENBAUM
4609 PINETREE DRIVE
INDIAN BEACH CORP. AMENDED SUB.
PLAT BOOK 8 - PAGE 61
The applicant is requesting the following variance in order to construct a new two-story single family residence on a vacant lot.
1. A variance to exceed by 4.9 feet the maximum permitted height of 33 feet for single-family residences in order to construct a new two-story residence with a height of 37.9 feet.
GRANTED WITH CONDITIONS.
D. CONTINUED APPEAL FROM ADMINISTRATIVE DECISION
8. FILE NO. 2715 TRANSNATIONAL PROPERTIES, INC.
6801 COLLINS AVENUE
(formerly, The Carillon Hotel)
NORTH 25 FT. OF LOT 48 AND ALL OF
LOTS 49 THRU 53; BLOCK 1
AMENDED PLAT OF 2ND OCEANFRONT SUB.
LOTS 1 TO 6; BLOCK B; ATLANTIC HEIGHTS SUB.
This case was continued from the meetings of September 3 and November 5, 1999.
The applicant is appealing a June 16, 1999 administrative decision made by the Planning and Zoning Director. The administrative decision states that a lawsuit filed by the adjoining property, The Sterling House Condominium Inc., does not trigger the stay provisions of the Miami Beach Code Section 118-263(a) and therefore the time frames prescribed by the respective orders of the Design Review Board and Board of Adjustment, for a full building permit, still apply. The applicant contends that the filing of a lawsuit, by the adjoining property, is sufficient to trigger the stay provisions of the Miami Beach City Code.
CONTINUED TO THE MEETING OF FEBRUARY 4, 2000