• Printer Friendly VersionAPPEAL A VIOLATION

    Any person aggrieved by the decision of a Code Compliance officer in issuing a violation, may request an administrative hearing before the Special Master by submitting a written request. Please check the violation for specific information on how many days you have after receipt of a violation to submit a timely request for an appeal, as the days for appeal may vary from violation to violation. A check for $100 must accompany the request. The City Clerk will notify the appellant of the date and time of the hearing. Should the appellant be successful at the hearing, the check for $100 will be returned. Instructions on how to file an appeal are detailed on the notice of violation.

    The one exception to an appeal before the Special Master is for some zoning violations. For zoning violations, if the appellant is pleading not guilty or seeking additional time to comply, the appeal is heard before the Special Master. If the appellant is challenging the code or an interpretation of the Planning and Zoning Director, the appeal must be made to the Zoning Board of Adjustment. Information concerning this process can be obtained from the Planning and Zoning Department at 305-673-7550.

left corner image of google translate on bottom of page
facebook twitter youtube flickr scribd (document-sharing website) Subscribe to emails
right corner image of google translate on bottom of page